Spending money on simple tags? Here’s your solution – DIY tags!
All you need is ink, tags, tape, stamp, and a permanent marker.
First, you’ll want to get tags similar to the one I have above. Then get a simple stamp, such as paint splatter as your background, along with an ink box of the color you like. I recommend the Color Box brand because their pigment is super rich which is perfect for this project! Pick a tape that has a fun print that goes along with your theme (Halloween, birthday, etc). I found that Little Bee had adorable options. Lastly, make sure you have a permanent marker with you for writing! Anything from sharpie to faber castell works great. You want something that has a lot of ink and fluidity. Also, the tip should not be too thin. I got all my supplies from A.C. Moore, but they should be available at any art store.
Ok, let’s start!
- Take your stamp and press evenly on the ink pad.
- Stamp the print onto your tag. Repeat with other cards.
- Take 2 pieces of tape and place them on both sides of the tag. With a scissor, cut off the edges that are sticking out. Hole punch the small circle on the edge of the tag. Repeat with other cards.
- Write anything you want with your marker.
- Put it on presents, or simply hand out as business cards!