The time has come! You can have vegan greek yogurt! Is that even possible?! I am pleased to say, “YES.” Even better – you can make it at home with the simplest ingredients, 6 to be exact.
It all started when I made my vegan cheesecake, I had left over soaked cashews, so I decided to attempt making my own yogurt. It turned out amazingly! This yogurt has the texture and tang of greek yogurt.
Since it’s so simple that you can completely customize it into anything you want. For example, you can put in probiotic powder in it to create more of a tangy flavor, or you can add some cocoa powder and expresso powder to create a mocha flavor. The possibilities are endless!
- 3 cups cashews, soaked and drained
- ⅓ - ½ cup maple syrup, agave, or coconut nectar (to taste)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp almond milk*
- ½ cup lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 probiotic capsule
- expresso powder
- caco powder
- vanilla beans
- Soak cashews for 3 hours. Drain.
- Blend all ingredients together until creamy.
- Eat with your choice of toppings!