For those people yesterday like me, who ate no candy due to dairy and gluten intolerances, have a chance to catch up today with these awesome peanut butter cup eyes! They were an experiment of mine that finally have been perfected. The secret – two types of peanut butters – roasted and raw. The roasted flavor enhances the chocolate, and the raw peanut flavor paired with the coconut oil and maple syrup, add delicacy. Did I forget to mention that these peanut butter cups only have 5 ingredients? It’s that simple.
They taste just like Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, but with no dairy, no gluten, no refined sugar, or even citric acid. Instead, the coconut oil and maple syrup accentuate the peanut butter flavor, which creates a very delicious taste.
Also, just adding a dollop of chocolate on top of the peanut butter make it that much more fun to eat!
- ½ cup roasted peanut butter
- ¼ cup raw peanut butter
- 4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 6 tbsp maple sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 7 oz chocolate (I used dark chocolate)
- Place cupcake liners in mini cupcake pan.
- Mix the peanut butters, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla together.
- Melt chocolate.
- With a spoon, fill ¼-1/3 of the cupcake liner with chocolate. Repeat with others. (No need to freeze)
- With another spoon, fill the cupcake liner with the peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours, or freeze for around 20+ minutes.
- Place a dollop of melted chocolate on each peanut butter cup. Refrigerate for another hour, or freeze for 20 minutes.
- If wanted, remove each cupcake liner to create a true peanut butter cup effect!