With snow on the ground, I think it’s safe to say that it’s very cold outside. So perhaps take this as a hint to put your yogurt or chia seed pudding aside for a new, warm breakfast. Solution: gluten-free and vegan peanut butter protein breakfast bars.
It has everything to make the perfect winter breakfast.
With all the running around and early mornings, a breakfast that keeps you full and energized is super important. This does just that. The protein from the peanut butter and plant-based protein powder, and the fiber from the oatmeal and chia seeds make your tummy happy (and for a long time). Not to mention the bliss that chocolate brings 🙂
It’s like having a dessert minus the guilt: Dessert – Guilt = Happiness!
Aside from the nutritional benefits, you can make this recipe really quickly and it’ll last you a whole week. It’s a timesaver! In fact, you might even spend more time assembling cereal and milk than grabbing one of these peanut butter protein bars.
What’s there not to love?
- ¾ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup gluten-free oat flour
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tbsp plant-based protein powder
- 2 chia eggs (2 tablespoons ground chia seeds + 6 tablespoons water)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unsalted peanut butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare an 8x8 pan, greased with coconut oil.
- Mix together the dry in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix.
- Place the batter onto the greased pan and spread until even.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.